know about world and get enjoy

Thursday 26 June 2014

Chile stars learn from new pastures


Alexis Sanchez will be a key weapon for Chile when they tackle Brazil in the FIFA World Cup™ second round in Belo Horizonte on Saturday. When the Barcelona forward takes to the field he, like many of his team-mates, will be putting into practice skills learnt during his footballing travels the world over. Following stop-overs in Argentina with River Plate and Italy at Udinese, it is his time at Barcelona which has really turned the speedy Sanchez into one of the world's most dangerous strikers. "At Barcelona I learnt how to play football all over again," the 25-year-old told El Pais. "What I did in Italy I couldn't do in Spain. Before getting a one-on-one I need to open up the pitch, find space. "Before, I always waited for (the ball) into feet, I dribbled [past] three; I was the one who gave a pass into space because the other players opened it up. From (Andres) Iniesta I learnt how to accelerate, from Xavi (Hernandez) how to move, from Leo (Lionel Messi) to think ahead, how to shoot like Pedro (Rodriguez), on top of that the faith (Pep) Guardiola had in me helped a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment