know about world and get enjoy

Wednesday 1 August 2018

12-Year-Old Angelina Recover From Cancer A Second Time


t had always been the three of us against the world; my two daughters and I. Angelina, my younger daughter, can be a very shy kid to be around initially but once she starts talking, she’s a delight to converse with. You’d never tell she was fighting for life against brain cancer. She has always been my rock and never let her condition get to her. My Supergirl of a daughter is only 12, but she took on her operation like a champ last year. Her surgery cost us Rs 2 lakh, causing a dent in our budget. As a single mother, handling expenses alone was often a challenge. But as always, one thing keeps me going; imagining a world without my daughters. Together, I feel like we can conquer anything. I work as a teacher to support my 2 girls. My school helped me take a loan for Angelina’s surgery, which I’m still paying back to this very day. Additionally, well-wishers and friends helped us as well. After her surgery, Angelina had to switch schools. She was just settling in to a new start when the cancer struck again this year. Now she needs another surgery, costing us Rs 4 lakh. At the last checkup, doctors learnt that the tumour had grown in size despite the surgery last year. I was broken. Angelina has already missed out on school so much. We’ve had to travel back and forth between our home in Dharmapuri and the hospital in Bengaluru for her check-ups. Despite her pounding headaches and fatigue, she would still fight to go to school. For a kid that used to dance with zeal, it was heartbreaking to watch her struggle to move her limbs now. I cannot afford her treatment on my teacher’s salary. It breaks my heart to see her go through so much and manage her school at the same time. In a span of a couple of months, our biggest worries have changed, from making sure homework is done on time, to a matter of saving my daughter’s life I’m thankful for Angelina’s spirit. She still continues to dream and wants to become a fashion designer someday. My savings now go towards paying off the loan from her last treatment. We have no option but to ask you for help. Please contribute to my daughter’s recovery and share our appeal with your friends and family on Whatsapp and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment